Flag and Sign Policies Changed
Recent Colorado Legislation mandates changes
At the end of the 2021 legislative session two bills, HB21-1229 and HB21-1310 passed regulating what HOA’s can allow in their communities in reference to flags, signs, and artificial turf.
Our official updated policy was published in September 2021. In the Conservatory you may display (at any time) only one small (24 x 18) non-commercial sign in a yard at any time, one 3 x 5 flag (hung on a pole on your home) and one garden flag.
Artificial turf is allowed in back and side yards, but still requires approval by the Design Review Committee.
Rules and Regulations can be found here - https://www.conservatoryhoa.com/covenants
If you reside in Network 3 above the red line, but below Network 4, please note that camera work will begin in your area the week of the 19th (reference attached map).
Please be courteous to workers as they work through your area and accommodate them if they need you to move a street parked vehicle to access the underdrain. Camera work will be first followed by jetting where necessary.
The Board has approved the revised agreement for the clubhouse reservations that now complies with the new law. In order to rent the clubhouse:
1. You must be an owner in good standing with your assessments.
2. A deposit of $200.00 is now required and will be refunded to you within 30 days of your reservation if all is left in good order after your event.
3. Cost to rent the clubhouse is $25.00/hour with a four hour minimum. The clubhouse can be rented between the hours of 10am-10pm.
4. The new form is being uploaded to the website and your owner portal.
Design Review Applications
We are receiving a large number of applications that are incomplete which causes a delay for your project.The committee has 30 days to review a COMPLETE application once received. How can you ensure that your application is complete? Follow these steps:
1. Have you reviewed the Design Review Guidelines at www.conservatoryhoa.com to know what is and isn't allowed?
2. Does your application include drawings of the property and pictures of what you are wanting to complete? Does it include the estimate of the work so the committee can review the detailed plan?
3. For house painting, did you allocate which paint color goes on the body, the trim, the garage door (which MUST be the same color as the body or trim NOT an accent color), and where the accent color is being painted?
4. Vendors CANNOT submit an application on your behalf. Please do NOT allow the solar companies (or paint companies or concrete companies) to do this as these are being sent back to the companies telling them that we will not accept them. Why? Because there are legal ramifications to design review requests and if the company goofs on your behalf, YOU are held responsible.
5. If you haven't received an automated email within two weeks of submittal of your application stating the application is pending, PLEASE reach out to our office as we may not have received it.
6. Please ensure that you are using the correct form located at www.conservatoryhoa.com. Your application will be sent back if not on the correct form.
Read about the presentation and get links to watch the recorded program and the handouts.
CLUBHOUSE REOPENS FOR RENTALS
Starting Thursday, March 17th you can reserve the clubhouse. All reservations must be made in person at the clubhouse Thursday during office hours. Please review the rental process and Rental Agreement.
POOL ACCESS by Cell Phone
The HOA has made upgrades and purchased software that will allow owners to access the pool via a cell phone rather than having to use the key card. Key cards will continue allow access as well. This new system will also be used when the clubhouse is available for rentals.
Please take a moment to fill in the information in the link below as it will help GREATLY with getting the software populated with your information.
If your home is a rental - DO NOT FILL OUT THIS FORM. There is a process to turn over owner access to tenants. If you would like the form sent to you to turn over that access, please send me a separate email with your name and address within The Conservatory..
Conservatory HOA and Metro District Meet to Solve Trail Issue
•At a meeting November 10th, both teams, very concerned with the safety conditions on Tack JJ near pond 6, gathered their teams to work on a joint project to bring the area to a safe standard for the community.
•Present were Birgit Baldwin, Metro District President and Director Joy DeMots; Helen Hardin, Conservatory HOA President and Treasurer Bill Fisher. Joining them were Legal Counsels, Managers and Engineers for both organizations. Parks and Recreation of Aurora was also present.
•A joint letter will be sent to the city with a proposed solution and a request for a streamlined process and their cooperation to affect a quick remedy.
Updated Rules Posted
The Association updated portions of the Rules and Regulations concerning signage to comply with current Colorado law and clarified the definition of a covered vehicle.
The Design Review Guidelines have been updated.
New Westwind Resident Portal (VMS)
Westwind Management has launched a new resident portal. Click here for a link. This is where you can view your account and all official association documents. The links below will take you to a video and training presentation. If you have any difficulties contact the Community Manager or Westwind.
Data security is of the utmost importance to Westwind and they strive to protect all aspects of the data which you have entrusted to them.
As such, their systems are maintained in a secure location accessible only by authorized Westwind employees, all communications to the Client Connect Portal are encrypted utilizing transport layer security (TLS) and all off-site backups of the data are AES-265 encrypted. In addition, we conduct annual security audits and will continue to implement recommendations provided to us through those audits.